Essense Designs is an international bridal wholesaler with key offices based in Lenexa, Kansas. Our growing organization also operates in Australia, the United Kingdom, Europe, Canada, and New Zealand. We have been a global leader in bridal fashion for over 19 years and our designs are currently sold in over 1,500 stores worldwide. With innovative designs and a strong customer service approach, Essense Designs is a dynamic and rapidly-expanding company that rewards excellence, drive, and collaboration.
* This position is located in Lenexa, Kansas and our ideal candidate must be willing to relocate if you reside out of state*
We are currently seeking an experienced Associate Director, Design Administration to join our team in Lenexa, Kansas. The successful candidate will be responsible for leading the US based Design Administration and Logistics teams. The individual in this role will work in close collaboration with the design leadership team supporting the launch of gowns throughout the life cycle of the design process.
The Associate Director, Design Administration must be a highly organized and influential leader, and a strong collaborator with a service mentality towards partnering with other departments in both the U.S. and International locations. The key relationship focus being maintaining collaborative and effective information pathways between the Sales and Design Departments. This is a hands-on role and candidates must demonstrate the ability to operate and excel at the strategic as well as tactical levels.
We are a company that believes in finding better ways. We are always working on continuous improvement projects when it comes to our process. Our goal is to be extremely efficient and thorough in our design process. We want someone that is not only always looking for better ways but is also open to new ideas from other team members and outside the company. Most importantly, we are seeking a leader who is aligned with our culture who will create and support an inspiring environment that promotes productivity, innovation and fun!
What We Expect
- Lead the project management, process planning and systems functions in a highly creative environment.
- Refine processes and disseminate best practices globally.
- Manage the coordination and scheduling of milestones throughout the design merchandising process.
- Create visibility within the design merchandising process, in the form of metrics and data-driven approaches that translate to both creative and business groups.
- Support communication between design merchandising teams through accurate reporting and regular meetings.
- Consistently monitor team productivity, performance, and workloads to insure timely and accurate completion of all tasks and projects. In collaboration with design leadership, rebalance work as needed and anticipate future workload needs to support continued company growth.
- Direct the dress collection approval process, ensuring all timelines are communicated to global stakeholders, deadlines are meet, and calendar deviations are communicated effectively.
- Taking the design leadership directive and goals and developing the suggested strategy and executing effectively.
- Maximize the talent of the team to help them reach their highest professional potential.
What We Are Looking For
- Bachelor’s degree in Business or related degree required.
- Minimum 5 years’ management of multi-disciplined teams required, preferably within a project management, and/or logistics role.
- Strong leadership presence, business acumen, and soft skills, with the ability to influence and build credibility as a trusted resource.
- Patient listener, who respects the opinions and ideas of others and can comfortably implement a project plan or idea different from their own.
- Advanced interpersonal skills (written and verbal) interacting with leadership, and building solid and trusted working relationships across the global organization.
- Decisiveness and independent judgment as well as the ability to continuously prioritize among multiple obligations and/or deliverables
- Strong agile project management skills with a track record of delivering projects on time and aligning multiple stakeholders to achieve business goals.
- Thrive on the tracking and scheduling of large amounts of data and information.
- Due to international team collaboration, ability and willingness to work outside normal business hours according to business needs.
- Technology savvy, quick at picking up new systems, curious about discovering and leveraging new tools to create efficiencies, and strong working knowledge of MS Office programs.
What We Offer
We look forward to welcoming the successful candidate to our fast-growing global team! In return for your skills, we offer you the opportunity to join an international industry leader and be part of a creative and collaborative culture that empowers its people, promotes teamwork and embraces sustainability. We recognise and reward excellence, innovation, and loyalty. Our goal is to offer an inspirational and modern workplace that allows for talented individuals to thrive. As such, we provide competitive salaries and a comprehensive benefits package, with significant opportunity for exceptional team members to grow with us as we continue to expand.
If you have the skills, spark and drive to help us further our growth, please go to https://www.essensedesigns.com/careers/ and follow the prompts to submit a cover letter, resume, and online application. Please note: We believe cover letters are important to help us understand why you are interested in this position and your unique story and qualifications. If you really want to work with us, then please take this into consideration when submitting your materials.