Essense Designs is an international bridal wholesaler with key offices based in Lenexa, Kansas and Perth, Australia. Our growing organization also operates the United Kingdom, Europe, Canada, and New Zealand. We have been a global leader in bridal fashion for over 20 years and our designs are currently sold in over 1,500 stores worldwide. With innovative designs and a strong customer service approach, Essense Designs is a dynamic and rapidly-expanding company that rewards excellence, drive, and collaboration.
What We Offer
We look forward to welcoming the successful candidate to our fast-growing global team! In return for your skills, we offer you the opportunity to join an international industry leader and be part of a creative and collaborative culture that empowers its people, promotes teamwork and embraces sustainability. We recognise and reward excellence, innovation, and loyalty. Our goal is to offer an inspirational and modern workplace that allows for talented individuals to thrive. As such, we provide competitive salaries and a comprehensive benefits package, with significant opportunity for exceptional team members to grow with us as we continue to expand.
If you have the skills, spark and drive to help us further our growth, please go to https://www.essensedesigns.com/careers/ and follow the prompts to submit a cover letter, resume, and online application. Please note: We believe cover letters are important to help us understand why you are interested in this position and your unique story and qualifications. If you really want to work with us, then please take this into consideration when submitting your materials.
We are currently seeking an experienced and driven Quality Control and Returns Manager with exceptional management skills and a keen eye for detail to join our team in Lenexa, Kansas. The successful candidate will lead and manage our U.S. based Quality Control and Returns and Fabrications teams and will also collaborate daily with cross-departmental leadership internally, as well as with our offshore factories, international warehouses, and our Australian office.
We are a company that believes in finding better ways. We are always working on continuous improvement projects when it comes to our process. Our goal is to be extremely efficient and thorough in our design process. We want someone that is not only always looking for better ways but is also open to new ideas from other team members and outside the company. In this role, we are looking for a strong, collaborative, and detail-oriented person who will thrive in a culture of mutual respect, support, accountability, and passion for the brand and product.
What We Expect
- Directly lead and manage the Quality Control and Returns Team.
- Conduct weekly staff meetings and transfer any information from Manager Meetings to the team. Create open forums for department wide communication.
- Evaluate current procedures, workflow and staffing levels to ensure appropriate processing and completion of all areas of accountability for QC, Returns and Fabrications team.
- Create and maintain departmental timeline in conjunction with established US Design and Global timelines.
- Support the QC and Returns team to ensure successful delivery of timeline deadlines.
- Liaise with Director of Design Development to facilitate the in-house seamstress booking.
- Continuously evaluate existing processes and proactively address opportunities for improved efficiency and internal customer service.
- Monitor the levels of Returns by country location and ensure that all returns are completed timely and accurately.
- Foster and maintain good communication with relevant stakeholders, immediately alerting and collaborating when quality issues arise.
- Monitor projections for bulk shipment quantities, projecting estimated returns and schedule accordingly.
- Ensure Certified Bulk QC staff are supported and trained on updates and procedures.
- Oversee the communication with the factories to ensure all deliverables and deadlines are being met, as required by management.
What We Are Looking For
- Bachelor’s or Associate Degree (in a fashion or product development discipline); equivalent relevant experience may be considered.
- Previous experience and/or exposure to administrative stock management preferred.
- High proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite – particularly Excel, Word and Illustrator.
- Impeccable attention to detail.
- Excellent organizational skills with the ability to self-manage working effectively to a deadline.
- Leadership skills with the ability to quickly assimilate to the team and build rapport to motivate and coach team to drive performance outcomes.
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills.
- Procedure and process oriented with the ability to clearly document processes for communication and training and the ability to carefully manage departmental projects and timelines.
- Must have a strong work ethic, be a team player, and the flexibility to assist with tasks outside of the standard work hours.
- Ability to lead and thrive in a challenging, dynamic environment where multi-tasking and adaptability are a requirement.