This position reports to the VP/GM and is responsible for leading design activities related to Lee Female product. This position also leads the design of Lee Female product lines supporting all accounts with product innovation that meets end result retail needs but stays true to Brand DNA. Lead designer on cross functional work streams to drive new, trend right and innovative product consistent with the merchandising brief. Responsible for developing the team competencies and expertise needed to meet organizational goals.
- Creative Vision. Responsible for translating the Category level Lee Brand creative vision to Lee Female Product.
- Strong Individual Contributor: Creative, skilled designer who develops and delivers innovative, brand right products which meet lifestyle category and consumer business unit needs in cross functional work streams.
- Competitive Positioning: Owns creative aesthetic from concept to consumer for all product and assortment needs. Researches emerging trends and styles and key influencer markets to strengthen brand image and maintain competitive positioning against key brand consumer targets.
- Brand Consistency: Ensures all assortments deliver consistent color, trend, and creative direction across targeted lifestyle to ensure brand positioning and brand equity objectives are intact.
- Style Ownership: Review and critique prototypes presented by product development. Discuss and strategize style changes and line enhancements with Merchandising.
- Issue Resolution: Review samples and resolve outstanding issues with design and costing. Troubleshoots product development related problems to maintain calendar deadlines.
- Market Ready Presentation: Manage the presentation of the collections to Sales and Merchandising. Provide seasonal direction to ensure vision is executed in the market.
- Visual Design: Lead the direction for styling and product cues, as well as seasonal guides for visual merchandising for all channels.
- Fabric and Fit: Leverage centers of excellence concerning all matters of fabric and fit.
- Special Makeup: Respond to key account assortment needs beyond initial seasonal line to maximize account opportunity.
Shares responsibility with merchandising for achieving business unit goals relating to PBT, Revenue, Gross Margin
Collaborates with VPGM of lifestyle business unit, Merchandising, Marketing, Product Development, Sales, Supply Chain, Finance, Strategy, Consumer Insight and Human Resources. Additional relationships include but are not limited to other VF sourcing entities, outside vendors and contractors, wholesale and retail accounts. Collaborates with Category Design Director and the rest of the category lifestyle design teams to ensure the entire assortment is delivering a consistent and on strategy brand positioning
- Degree or equivalent in fashion or apparel design
- 3+ years’ experience in leading creative vision for a brand and product category
- People management experience, including leading a design team
- Skilled at managing teams with Design, Adobe Photoshop and Illustrator, CAD, flat sketching skills, and tech packs
- Knowledge of fabric construction performance, and any specific processing and treatments relevant to female denim and non-denim
- Understanding of global sourcing of fabrics
- Knowledge of product costing and product cycles
- Strong collaborator
- Excellent presentation and story-telling skills
- Proven ability to translate trends to specific targeted consumer needs.
- Travel required, including travel to Asia