SUMMARY: This position is responsible for supporting the Product Manager with all design activities related to Female Longs, targeted to the SSF consumer with product innovation and aligned with retail accounts while staying true to Brand DNA. Designer on cross functional work streams to drive new, trend right and innovative product consistent with the merchandising brief.
REPORTS TO: Product Manager/Sr. Merchandiser
- Responsible for translating creative vision for female longs.
- Execute creative aesthetic from concept to consumer for all product and assortment needs. Researches emerging trends and styles and key influencer markets to strengthen brand image and maintain competitive positioning against key brand consumer targets
- Must have knowledge of cost components and ability to design products that hit margin targets.
- Responsible for presentation of designs during line reviews.
- Oversees the fitting of garments and reviews product details to ensure product execution meets the design aesthetic as well as the quality standards.
- Works on style and color trends with the Fabric Manager on seasonal fabric development as well as fabric innovations.
- Shares responsibility for final product result.
- Demonstrates strong teamwork skills through cooperating with cross–functional team members.
- Adheres to development calendar dates established as a team each season.