SUMMARY: The primary function of this position is to develop product and strategies that meet the needs of our retailers and consumers, and supports the brand image, sales and margin goals of our company. Has primary accountability for segment Revenue, Margin, and Market Share growth. Establish control-related standards
REPORTS TO: VP/GM
- Is the consumer/market resource expert for the SBU, including making product decisions based upon marketing research and trends. Establishes major concepts for each line release. Presents line to management, sales, and retailers from the consumer/market/brand perspective.
- Sets short term and long term product strategy and develops product lines within Jeanswear guidelines. Meets calendar release dates. Determines line drops and openings. Approves product features, trim and labeling. Sets fit direction and approves fit and finish of all products. Sets initial forecasts and reviews ongoing demand forecasts.
- Proposes pricing strategy for new and carry over product that is competitive in marketplace, delivers against revenue and gross margin goals. Responsible for Gross Margin for SBU.
- Reviews and analyzes retail sales and market share data at the key account level. Understands the business strategies of our key retailers and our competitive set. Continually looks for ways to increase our volume and presence on the retail floor.
- Ongoing shopping for new/emerging consumer and market trends. Develops and Directs Innovation Pipeline and is a primary contact for GIC.
- Negotiates and approves all product costs. Reviews and approves purchase orders at the style level for VFA production.
- Travels to VFA to meet with fabric mills and manufacturers annually in conjunction with key line releases.
- Meets with domestic Fabric suppliers on a seasonal basis to review their product offering, trend direction, and negotiate price.
- Drives Consumer Insight research, plan deep knowledge of target consumer needs. Drives QC agenda for the SBU.
- Hires, trains and mentors talent to develop and grow the team.
- Collaborates with Marketing to align product and brand strategies.
- Bachelors in Apparel Design, Merchandising or equivalent field
- 12-15 years of experience in apparel merchandising
- Demonstrates mastery of Product Manager role, consistently demonstrating strong performance with proven track record of meeting financial goals. Responsible for expanded scope of business.
- Proven leadership with ability to make strategic decisions that are critical to category and brand growth.
- Demonstrated expertise in identifying and cultivating talent through a full spectrum of development tools (performance management, coaching, formal learning, etc.)
- High performer who is a creative problem solver with a passion for innovation, delivering quality.
- Advanced design and conceptual skills, including strong eye for design, sense of style/trends in the world of fashion.
- Effective professional communication skills; Ability to make group presentations.
- Extensive PC skills (MS Office programs, inclusive of presentation skills via Power Point and analytical skills via Excel/Access).
- Promotes spirit of collaboration and teamwork. Develops positive relationships with key internal and external partners.
- Strong business orientation, analytical aptitude, retail math.
- Proven ability to deliver cost levers and develop products to meet margin goals and price points.