Alterations & Custom Sewing LLC is offering a great career opportunity for a seamstress experienced with formal wear alterations.
The right candidate will be provided with the necessary training in order to advance their knowledge of commercial sewing equipment and sewing techniques, to alter and repair clothing and various other items.
After brief training, candidate must be a self-starter and able to work independently and apply critical thinking skills to troubleshoot simple problems with machines and issues with work being performed, in addition to developing skills to assist customers at the counter and on the phone with work orders, tuxedo rentals and retail sales.
This position is offered as both full and part time.
• Perform professional alterations on formal attire
• Read and understand requirements of work orders
• Perform variety of alterations and complete sewing projects based on work orders
• Perform more intricate tasks and assist with customers at the front counter and on the phone with pinning, service requests and retail sales, as skills are enhanced
• Quality minded with steadfast attention to detail
• Experience with formal wear alterations or student of fashion arts with keen interest
• Familiarity with and ability to operate a variety of commercial sewing machines and other equipment such as steamers, presses, scissors and patterns
• Understand how to use rulers and tapes to measure in fractions of an inch
• Willing to learn and use new skills and adapt
• Basic computer skills
• Must be able to stand, bend, sit, and kneel for extended periods of time. Manual dexterity.
• The right candidate will be clean, personable and responsible
We offer holiday pay and paid time off commensurate with average weekly hours worked. $12 - $15 per hour.
*** We are an Equal Opportunity Employer
Download job application from our website at: www.alterationsandcustomsewing.com/employment.html
Email resume’ to firstname.lastname@example.org
Phone: (816) 630-4010 ask for Cindy